In order to achieve new results in your life you will need to educate yourself. One of the keys to achieving your goals is to learn what you don’t know.
Four Stages Of Learning
There are four stages of learning in the knowledge building process. Each of which you will pass through on the way to achieving your goals.
- You don’t know that you don’t know – you don’t realise that you are missing a piece of knowledge, skills, experience or wisdom.
- You know that you don’t know – you have an awareness that you don’t have a piece of knowledge, skills, experience, wisdom, or that you are not applying it.
- You know that you know – comes from learning and applying the skills, knowledge and wisdom.
- It has become automatic – you’ve repeated the same thing frequently and consistently enough for it to become normal for you. You can do it with little or no effort at all. this is the stage you’re at when you’ve mastered the learning.
How To Learn What You Don’t Know
The first step is always to establish a specific goal you want to achieve. If you don’t know what you want to achieve then you will be lost when it comes to understanding what you need to learn.
Once you have a specific goal, the next step is to assess the gaps between the knowledge you have now and the knowledge you need to gain. You may do this as a self assessment, a relevant assessment tool or using a qualified/experienced person to perform an assessment. This assessment is a great place to gain understanding on areas of learning which are required to achieve your goals.
Next consider how you will bridge the gaps of learning, to learn what you don’t already know. There are lots of ways to educate yourself – formal qualifications, reading, participating in workshops, volunteering, workplace training, mentors and the list goes on. Some aspects to think about when selecting the methods and resources you will use:
- Length and duration of education process
- Speed of gaining the
- Relevance to you ie is the information generic or personalised to you
- Environment for learning
- Ability to translate the education gained into practice
- Quality of learning process
- Costs associated with learning
Then make a decision on where you’re going to get started. Then take action to honour your commitment. Taking action consistently is what empower you to progress and achieve your goals.
Empower Yourself To Achieve Your Goals Through Education
In order to achieve your goals, you need to learn what you don’t already know. This educate process will take time, energy, resources and money. So be strategic and intentional – focus on education which is aligned with your goals, and supports your ability to be successful.
Empower yourself today by taking at least one action which supports moving your goals forward!
If you’d like some assistance in setting goals, assessing gaps or strengthening your capacity to achieve more of your goals, then I’d love to hear from you to see if we’re a match. Take action today by booking a time to chat, or check out our services at the Health Pursuit website.