Understanding your primary motivations is an essential part of inspiring and empowering yourself to progress goals and achieve success. It is crucial to your ability to live life purposefully, feel successful and to avoid living in regret.
What Is Motivation
In order for you to achieve your goals you need to be sufficiently motivated to take the actions required for success. So what actually is motivation?
Motivation Defined: Motivation can be defined as the internal and external factors that stimulate desire and energy in people to be continually interested in and committed to a job, role, or subject, and to exert persistent effort in attaining a goal. (www.businessdictionary.com)
Understanding Your Motivations
There are countless ways that you can achieve many of your goals. However not ‘all roads will lead to Rome’. By that I mean that there are many paths that you can take to achieve your goals, but not all of them will lead you down the path of satisfaction and success.
The Costs of Not Understanding Your Primary Motivations
Here are some costs associated with not understanding your primary motivations:
- Wasted time, energy and effort. You can waste a lot of time with distractions which aren’t in alignment with what truly motivates you. Understanding your primary motivations enables you to apply to invest your time, energy and money in ways which are appropriate for YOU.
- Some pathways, will leave you feeling drained, dissatisfied, and off track. When you choose goals and activities which do not utilise your primary motivations you risk decreased motivation, fatigue and burnout in some cases. Utilising your primary motivations enables you to consciously choose options which maximise your mental and physical energies.
- Inconsistent actions towards your goals . When your heart is not truly in alignment with what you are doing, you will find it difficult to take consistent action. And without consistent actions towards your goals, it is unlikely that you will be successful. Aligning with your primary motivations encourages you to take consistent action.
- Disconnection from your purpose. When you put your energies into things which demotivate and distract, you can find yourself off track from and increasingly disconnected from your purpose. Understanding and focusing on your primary motivations can assist in keeping you connected with your purpose.
- Lack of goal achievement. When you set short terms goals without considering important bigger picture goals, you may find yourself getting frustrated and angry at yourself. Taking the time to understand your primary motivations, and big picture goals when considering any new goals, empowers you to make decisions holistically. With a holistic goals plan, all heading in the same direction, you will make better progress towards your goals.
You can avoid these disempowering pitfalls by investing in yourself – by taking some time to understand your primary motivations before setting new goals.
Achieving Your Goals
Understanding your primary motivations is especially important if you want to empower yourself to live life purposefully, achieve big goals, make a difference in the worlds, create wealth or achieve any other personal or business goal.
Remember, by harnessing this knowledge, you can maximise your motivation, efforts and resources to achieve your desired outcomes.
Please share you thoughts on today’s blog post below. Have a great day!